Saturday, September 7, 2013

Review: Blue Jasmine, Woody Allen's latest movie

     Sorry, folks. I wouldn't urge anyone to drop everything they're doing -- even if it is darning socks -- to run out and see "Blue Jasmine."

     I saw Woody Allen's new movie, Blue Jasmine, this afternoon -- the after effect is leaving me down in the dumps. It is a movie about a woman who is so selfish and mean she hurts everyone who gets near her. 
      It was a jumpy back and forth exercise in flashbacks that was disturbing in itself. I really wish I had done something else with my afternoon. Overall? Predictable and unsatisfying in spite of really good performances by all the actors. It was the theme and editing that failed. Sure, it tells the story of a shallow woman -- but beating a dead horse is not the making of greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment