Saturday, November 2, 2013

Elizabeth Warren, Are You Listening?

I opened my mail today and was dumbfounded -- absolutely dumbfounded. Capital One Credit Card company found a way to charge me interest on a bill that had been paid in full!

Well, folks, I have canceled my Capital One Credit Card. It had been transferred over from another company and I had held onto the card as a safety net -- a just-in-case kind of thing. Then, I made the mistake of using it.

Today, they shuffled me off to three different people to justify charging interest on my account AFTER I had paid the balance in full BEFORE the due date. Some very clever footwork.  But I DON'T want to do business with them ever again! I'm writing this just to warn the innocents among you.

They have perfected the art of charging fees and interest with tactics that go beyond obscenity. I've noticed that they are advertising themselves as mortgage lenders. Buyer beware. Should you be tempted -- read all the fine print and then ask questions. And don't sign anything until you get a second opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment